Third year revises so hard that ‘chilled study beats’ becomes actual music taste
A frazzled, revision-obsessed UoB third year made a stark revelation this week as she admitted to a drastic shift in her music streaming patterns.
With two and a half years of half-hearted studying efforts
under her proverbial belt, Politics and Sociology undergraduate Phoebe Costello
unveiled her new-found musical passion: ‘chilled lo-fi beats to study and relax
“I’m big into my yoga and big into getting my Zen right. Plus, I’ve always been walking to the beat of my own drum!” Costello explained to The Whip.
“I pitched up at Bristol all those years ago with a Spotify
library full of Arctic Monkeys, Taylor Swift and I’d even dipped my toe into a
bit of DJ Hazard. Now, though, I’ve been mentally and spiritually enlightened,
chilled revision music provides the rhythms I’m walking to!”
She continued “Spotify and YouTube have become my best
friends now that my real, material friends are scattered across Europe
year-abroading. Everyone else? They can’t stand me. There’s an almost
indefinite supply of super-chilled out vibes so I can really get stuck into my
Costello informed The Whip that it was only after experimenting with the sounds of Tchaikovsky and Mozart whilst studying that she settled on this new sound. This proves to be another increasingly common case of progressive connection between classical and lo-fi music, thus bridging a gap most music analysts believed to be largely impossible.
The third year is currently looking for venues – in the mix are Basement 45 and Taboo – to host a night showcasing the student-friendly genre. More details are expected to follow soon.
- 1North London fresher’s attempt to start anew ruined as entire sixth form moves to Bristol
- 2Fresher dismayed to find cacti, scratch map and wall hanging not actually substitute for personality
- 3Breaking: Theresa May starts filling out extenuating circumstances form
- 4Oak House students seeking prison sentences in bid for more homely accommodation
- 5Freshers caught frantically burning skinny jeans under cover of darkness