Eton issues leavers UoB starter pack: tracksuit, gold chain, DJ decks
Eton College has reportedly commenced the issuing of A-level students with a ‘starter pack’ for their arrival at the University of Bristol as part of a bid to prep pupils for the worrisome world beyond public school.
A spokesperson for the prestigious college revealed the programme as part of broader plans for a £2m ‘community integration project’, aimed to prevent school leavers from ‘sticking out like a backside in the shower-closet’.
‘It is not viable to send fifty-plus boys to one university without offering a helping hand with integration,’ he explained, ‘so we put together a package that will leave them equipped to make new friends.
‘There are items to help the boys blend into the crowd a bit more, like the Sergio Tacchini tracksuits, but also other items to encourage some exo-Eton cultural thinking. The decks, for example, should encourage them to experiment with new and fun varieties of music.’
Also included in the pack is a piercing gun, a map of Stokes Croft and a free ticket to an event of choice at Lakota.
- 1Greta delivers earth-shattering Motion techno set during Bristol visit
- 2Third year revises so hard that ‘chilled study beats’ becomes actual music taste
- 3North London fresher’s attempt to start anew ruined as entire sixth form moves to Bristol
- 4Fresher dismayed to find cacti, scratch map and wall hanging not actually substitute for personality
- 5Breaking: Theresa May starts filling out extenuating circumstances form