Labour Society campaigning to change name of Ali G to ‘Jezza C’
As political campaigning intensifies ahead of the General Election on the 12th of December, the UoM Labour Society have announced their latest profound contribution to the contest.
Aiming to canvass where it matters and secure the vote of politically active and already-left-wing students, the society explained that they felt they were in need of “a deeply persuasive and politically game-changing move.”
“We really wanted to emphasise the sincerity of the society’s political involvement,” a spokesperson for the group explained to The Whip. “We needed something which would display our utter dedication to the cause.
“With this in mind, we began the heartfelt campaign for Ali G to be renamed ‘Jezza C’.
“We feel Jezza can be an inspiration to us all. To be able to study under a roof named after him would be no less than an honour.
“We hope the students will share our vision and understand the passion behind the decision.
“Once we’ve achieved this, we’ll be looking to have an audio soundtrack playing inside the revolving doors. As you enter library, you’ll be welcomed with ‘OOOOOOH JEREMY CORBYN’.”
- 1Third year revises so hard that ‘chilled study beats’ becomes actual music taste
- 2Fresher dismayed to find cacti, scratch map and wall hanging not actually substitute for personality
- 3North London fresher’s attempt to start anew ruined as entire sixth form moves to Bristol
- 4Breaking: Theresa May starts filling out extenuating circumstances form
- 5Oak House students seeking prison sentences in bid for more homely accommodation