Cancelled Ski Trip ‘the only good thing to come out of the Coronavirus’ confirms non-narcissistic student body
Just when you thought nothing could get any worse, a glimmer of hope in these troubling times.
For the majority of the student population around Hyde Park this afternoon, the COVID-19 related anxiety has been somewhat alleviated upon learning that at least the now global and very worrying pandemic has resulted in the cancellation of the Leeds University ski trip to Val Thorens.
The concerns amongst the non-alpine accustomed student body that they would have to spend their entire Easter break being both force fed Instagram stories of ‘Après’ and inundated with post-ski trip ‘throwbacks’ have now been relieved as it turns out that, whether you like it or not, COVID-19 is not aware of the concept of privilege.
Speaking to one student outside of Hyde Park Sainsbury’s this morning, our reporter able to gauge their response.
“What? It’s been cancelled?! Oh, thank fuck for that,” said the bleary-eyed student. “It’s nice to know, that whenever things look really bad there’s always something to make you smile.
“I don’t know what it is, but there’s something about the ski-trip that I instinctively dislike… Actually, I do know what it is, it’s my rejection of the egomaniacal narcissism of those twats that walk into Terrace on a Thursday evening carrying Skis and wearing one of those stupid VT long sleeves.”
- 1Greta delivers earth-shattering Motion techno set during Bristol visit
- 2Third year revises so hard that ‘chilled study beats’ becomes actual music taste
- 3Fresher dismayed to find cacti, scratch map and wall hanging not actually substitute for personality
- 4North London fresher’s attempt to start anew ruined as entire sixth form moves to Bristol
- 5Breaking: Theresa May starts filling out extenuating circumstances form